Sunday, November 23, 2008

In trouble again

So I've been given a bedtime. Midnight Sunday-Thursday and 2 am on Friday-Saturday. If something comes up, I can call and get permission to stay up later. Otherwise, I am expected to be in bed with the laptop off on time. It's the first time I've ever had a bedtime. I didn't even have one when I was a kid so there are some days that I just absolutely resent it.
Well, for the past week or so, I just haven't felt like going to bed when I was suppose to. Yesterday morning, I asked if we could just skip bedtime. He wanted to know why and wasn't happy with 'I just don't want to'. I proceeded to tell him that I wasn't happy with bedtime this week, and I was tired of doing it. I've been really iritable about the whole thing and tempted to stay up past it every night just because there was a rule there to break. It was rather bratty of me considering the fact that I have had two days this week where I didn't have bedtime and then a following day with an extension because I had to come back to school and I had a paper that was due the next morning.
We talked later on the phone, and he let me know that he wasn't happy about me thinking about staying up past bedtime, even though I knew it would get me in trouble. He said that he felt like I was disrepecting his authority. I hadn't meant for it to come across that way.
He's decided the best way to handle it would be some time in the corner. I've only been in the corner once, but I hate it. It is so embarrassiing, not to mention childish. I was so surprised when he told me that I couldn't say anything. I couldn't really argue with over it at the time anyhow because I was walking with my sister. She would be confused and would most likely tell my parents that she heard me arguing over going in the corner.
I finally got some alone time and was able to talk to him about it. I am still in trouble over being resentful and disrepectful. We can't do anything about it while my sister is here and I am at home. So when I get back on Sunday from home, we're going to deal with it then before I go to bed.
Although I am not happy about being punished, I did feel rather loved and cared for when we were done talking. By bedtime, I had no problem with doing as I had been told.

No comments: