Monday, June 4, 2012

Battle of the Bulge

Good morning,

I know no one actually reads this blog anymore as I never take the time to update it. I have always been a procrastinator. So even more stuff has happened since my last posting.

I graduated college.
I moved back in with the folks.
I ran an ice cream truck. Not just one of those modern van ones you see now days either, but an old 1960s Good humor ice cream truck.
I gained back 20 lbs of the 40 that I had lost.
After months and months of job searching, I got a job.
I've lost 7 of it since starting the new job.
I am buying a house.

There's lots of things that I could post on, but I think the one I'll focus on this morning is the weight loss issue. I've struggled with my weight for a long, long time.

When I was dating the boyfriend, mom decided to get us the Stax system for us to use together. She lasted two weeks on hers,but I really put an effort into using mine. The boyfriend and I actually got in the a little spat about it. He claimed that I didn't need to lose any weight. I am 5'7" and at the time weighed 275 lbs.

Well, I worked at it and got down to 250 before I went to work a summer job at a camp, meaning that I had to eat camp food with the kids. I packed on 13 lbs. I was not happy about it. I guess this would be a good time to bring up G who always tries to keep me on track even when I am "kicking and screamnig" that I don't care about losing weight anymore.

G wasn't exactly happy that I was taking the job to begin with, but he was even less than thrilled when I gained 13 lbs from it and all of our hard work went down the drain. So when I got back from camp  we went straight back to working on the weight loss. Leaving camp meant no more line writing for me. Line writing is one of those things that G uses when other punishments just aren't available. They bring out my wonderful adult attitude when I justify why we shouldn't do them with "they're stupid, borning, there isn't anything to learn from them and they make my hand hurt." That excuse gets me right out of them. Riiiiiiiight.

I ended up changing schools that fall, and we went right back to work on losing weight. I didn't continue on the stax system, but I was still seeing results. I lost the 13 plus an additional 12. Then I gained 10 back over the holidays, and we had to work on that. But by the time graduation rolled around, I was down to 234 from my original 275.

I moved back home and managed to keep the weight off for a while, but by the time month 6 rolled around with the holidays I was back to gaining weight. I managed to gain 20 lbs of it back. G blew a gasket when I got up to 255. He put his foot down hard, and the weight loss started again.

It's been very slow going since I am so very stubborn. I am a stress eater. When I get stressed out, I tend to turn to food. It's a crutch that we've been working on getting rid of. I try not to do it so much anymore because it usually results in 2 punishments: a hard session for stress eating and then a second one if I've gained for the week.

This week I weighed in at 248. It's a slow going process, especially with all of the stress that's been going on here lately. But I know I can do this, and I know G's not going to let me gain anymore.

Hope everyone has a marvelous week.

2 comments:

Malcolm said...

You say you are a stress eater, but that's only significant if you have a lot of stress. So how come you have so much stress?

275 pounds is an awful lot of weight. How did it happen in the first place? I am six foot and average build and I weigh 154 pounds or less. I haven't read your blog before so maybe there's some history I ought to read ...

jilly said...

Why is it that whenever people don't understand a kink, they have to make everyone involved feel gross and weird for liking it