Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A photo is worth a thousand words or a creepy evening?

For the past couple of days, I've been trying to figure out what I wanted my next blog post to be about. At times, I was concerned about writing something thought provoking. Other times, I thought that I would just write about what is going on in my daily life and keep everyone updated.

Today, the post finally came to me. No, it's not that Arby's needs to add more pickles to their Arby Q's or trying to buy a house is stressful. While both statements are true, they are not the topic of today's post.

I have always been rather hesitant to give out my photo or to get on my webcam. Not because I am insecure, but I have found people to be rather annoying with both. You give an inch, and they want a mile. I tell people that I only have one and share. Instead of that being the end of it, they keep asking for more photos.

If I decide to use my webcam, I get either people who claim the camera isn't good or I get perverts. I know that we all deal with perverts in this lifestyle. What makes it terribly difficult for me is it is usually people that I have been chatting with for a while who feel the need to demand I strip naked or do lude acts on the webcam as if though they have some sort of claim to me. My block list is constantly growing, and I choose not to keep my webcam hooked up.

I've never given really any thought to what people do with my picture after I share with them. I imagine that most people never give it another thought after the photosharing is closed out. Today, I found out how incredibly wrong I was.

Not only did someone not only give it another thought, but they printed it out. To make matters worse, I found out that they were masterbating to it. No, I didn't ask about it. I am not that self-centered to assume that anyone would find me attractive enough to do such a thing.

The person came out and admitted as much to me. Not only did they go so far as to admit to me as to what they were doing, but they sent me a message, trying to instruct me to instruct them on how to do so. I hoping you think highly enough of me by now to know that I didn't respond to it.

It did, however, get me to thinking. What are other people doing when I agree to share my photo? It sort of has me on edge now, and I've decided to not chat so much online and hold off on sharing photos in general.

What do you do to keep yourself safe online or at least feel safe? How comfortable are you with sharing your photo online?

No comments: