Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Loving one's self

I think women are pulled in so many directions that they forget that they have to love themselves. On top of all the responsibilities that we are given, we are also asked to have so many different personalities. In the work place, we are expected to act one way, and at home, we are asked to behave another. We get so preoccupied with work, family, friends and some cases, school.
I know I could be making a resolution like losing weight or call relatives that I rarely talk to more often. However, I like the way I look. I am not going to struggle and starve myself just so I can have some far-fetched hope of having the body that will make guys want me. I have a wonderful personality, and if some guy can't get over my weight to see that, then I can guarentee that they won't be man enough to handle me.
The relatives have my phone number. They know where to reach me. I am not going to get all upset when I miss calling them. When I do call, they get all upset that I didn't have something important to tell them anyhow.
So instead, I am going to take some time for me. That's right. I am making a resolution that I could truly benefit from. At least once a month, I am going to take a night to just get away from work and enjoy myself. A date with myself so to speak.
The rules are simple.
1. It's just me. No friends.
This is an evening for me. Not the drama of my friends.
2. No accepting calls from anyone I work with.
I am suppose to be relaxing and rediscovering myself. This is not a time for people to try to get me to cover their shifts.
3. Relax and enjoy. Pick some place I would have been wanting to go to but haven't.
No fast food.

No comments: